About Moss & Co
Who are we?
We are leading Criminal Defence, Housing, Welfare Benefits and Civil Litigation solicitors, Moss & Co, and we’re here to help you.
What do we do?
Moss & Co provide expert legal services across a range of specialist areas to provide you with the best representation possible. We undertake both Private and Legal Aid work in all areas of the most serious criminal cases.
We also have specialist departments for fraud, benefits investigations and housing cases.
Our aim is always to achieve the best possible outcome for you. We are fearless and relentless in pursuit of our clients’ needs.
If you are being prosecuted or investigated, talk to us today about how we can represent you. We have a completely transparent fee structure set out below. Our trusted solicitor experts are here 24/7 to help you take control of your legal matters effectively, efficiently and economically.
Why choose Moss & Co?
- We are efficient and determined to pursue your legal interests.
- We are a long established firm and value our hard earned reputation.
- With over 30 years’ experience in our specialist areas, you can rest assured that the advice we give at Moss & Co is based on our in depth knowledge and wide experience.
- Our solicitors have an extensive skill set and an absolute determination to succeed for our clients.
- We offer a personal service and by listening carefully to you, we establish a close working relationship – which is key to giving effect to the best course of legal action for you.
- We offer competitive private rates.
- We pride ourselves on our service but if you have a complaint the procedure is here
- We are an equal opportunities firm and our current diversity data can be found displayed in our office.
- We aim for complete transparency on costs. Our fees for private clients are set out below.
Criminal cases fixed fee menu
All fees are exclusive of VAT and disbursements
|Many but not all cases will be suitable for fixed fees, this is because some cases are too complex and the evidence subject to change. Where the case is suitable fees are as follows:
|Suitable Crown Court Cases*
|Each further adjourned hearing
|Not guilty pleas (one-day trial)
|Not Guilty pleas each further day
|Attend you once and provide a single written advice concerning your criminal case in person, by phone or Skype
Fully advise you in the office or by video and attend with you at a police station or DWP investigation under caution. Fixed fee.
Partner hourly rate
Solicitor hourly rate
* Plus counsels or higher rights advocates fees
Summary motoring cases mandatory prices please click here
NB: All fees and hourly rates are exclusive of VAT
Disbursements, such as medical and expert reports, are charged at cost.
If you are found ‘not guilty’ we will apply for a costs order although you will only be able to recover your costs at Legal Aid rates. In the Crown Court you will only be able to recover costs if you have been refused Legal Aid.
Crime hourly rates including for pre charge advice for client released under investigation
Crime cases not suitable for fixed fees are charged at hourly rates as follows:
Partner: £225 -£300 per hour. Solicitor: £175 per hour.
Civil hourly rates
- Narinder Moss Partner, Civil litigation and advice in tenant and landlord housing matters £225 – £300 per hour
- Vennesa Mullings solicitor £175 per hour